Sunday, May 23, 2010

Section 1: In Anticipation > Chapter 4: The lull before the storm

 

It's settled. I begin my journey on the 29th day of May. The past few weeks have cloaked me in a whirlwind of experiences both on the biking and the personal front (as if biking wasn't personal enough). I have learnt the new, I have unlearnt the old, I have lost that which I never had, I have found that which I once presumed was a fantasy, I have befriended many, I have unfriended a few; and as the day draws near, there seems to be an eerie calm. Everything seems to have come to a standstill. All thoughts point to a single destination. All actions go unnoticed. The excitement has metamorphosized into a need. I'm not excited about the prospect of the journey of a lifetime anymore. I just need to take the plunge...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment