Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Section 3: The Journey > Chapter 38: On deeds

June 12, 2010

With healthy tarmac beneath our wings, we blaze on. Vishal will continue to push the limits of his Passion although it can still only manage a little more than a crawl. Once again low fuel concerns persuade us to split as a group. This time round though, Drifter will stay with his pack. Once more RomeoMike will request us to find help in Aghyam and return to them with information, once again we will promise to do so, once again on reaching the destination, not only will Spiderweb hastily conclude that there is no help to be found here and that it is impossible to return to the family three with our fuel levels - the latter being true, but he will also be unwilling to wait for the pack to arrive. The split seems official now - they ride on their own.  Spiderweb waits for no one - a trait that will get increasingly pronounced in the days to come. 

And so, without ever setting eyes on the man under the Walnut tree, we power on. At an even pace my thoughts turn to the Universe once more...

How little have I known about the Universe. I have perhaps seen much less. For as we ride alongside summits with sizes I cannot fathom, I feel dwarfed in my own perception. The Universe speaks not - and, by its own admission, never has. But with each heartbeat, I can feel it babble with me. Words lose relevance for it's touch says all. I may interpret its touch in any way I wish - and each interpretation will be perhaps be just as accurate as the previous one. The Universe, a parent, who believes its offspring can do no wrong; a parent who will articulate whatever it is the offspring wishes to hear.

The wind caresses us, the pinnacles run alongside us. Gentle streams cleanse our path. Occasionally a pinnacle with block our trail, towering over us as we race into its embrace. I know it only toys with us, for in the last moment, it will shift sides and let us pass. I feel like an infant again, playing mindless games in the lap of the Universe.

I recognize now how naive I have been. For I have judged many on the words they utter. I have given in to I care without ever validating if it was backed by substance. It was not. I have given in to It was my intent to be fair..., without recognizing that intent is not a substitute for action. I have forgiven those with words for I believed words to be of value. And where the actions have hollered I care, I have failed to listen. Where the actions have hollered Take me with you, I have abandoned.  

I should perhaps be so wise to judge on deeds; I should perhaps be so wise to ignore utterances. For those that have expressed hate in words, have perhaps acted out of love. For those that have expressed love in pronouncements, have perhaps acted out of selfishness and a desire to misrepresent. No, not perhaps, for sure.

Drops of wet trickle down my face. No, I don't shed a tear. It's raining...

No comments:

Post a Comment